Darko Katalinić, Assist. Prof., M.D., PhD. Internist, Medical oncologist, Haematologist
University of Rijeka School of Medicine
Asst. Prof. Dr. Katalinić has eighteen years of medical experience in internal medicine, endocrinology, hematology and oncology. He is an internationally recognized clinical expert and scientist with specific expertise in managing complex medical conditions. During his career, he studied in Croatian, British, Norwegian and German institutes of higher education. Asst. Prof. Dr. Katalinić has a particular interest in endocrinology, neuroendocrinology, tumour medicine as well as in genetic counselling in the field of hereditary diseases.
- Studied at University of Rijeka School of Medicine and Faculty of Science of the University of Zagreb.
- Worked in Division of Endocrinology and Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine and Sisters of Charity University Hospital, where he obtained his Ph.D. in Molecular Endocrinology.
- Worked in Department of Oncology, School of Medicine and University Hospital Centre Zagreb, as an internist and medical oncologist.
- Additional subspecialization in Haematology and Oncology in Germany.
- Published over 150 scientific papers, co-author in several university textbooks and manuals in the fields of Endocrinology and Endocrine oncology.
- Collaborated on a larger number of scientific projects. He is a reviewer in several scientific journals in his field of expertise. He attended numerous scientific symposia as an invited lecturer.
Certified in Genetic counseling (Germany) and in Good Clinical Practice for Clinical Studies (Germany).
- Since 2018 acts as a expert of the European Commission for Projects in Science and Health.
- Since 2019 acts as a Ambassador of the European Association for Cancer Research (EACR)
- Member of several Croatian and international scientific and expert societies.
- Fluent in English and German.