Marin Deškinsubspecialist of endocrinology with diabetology
- University of Zagreb School of Medicine
Marin Deškin, a subspecialist of endocrinology with diabetology, is the Head of Endocrinology Department and Diabetes Centre at Internal Department in the General Hospital Bjelovar. He has fifteen years of experience in the field of internal medicine. The field of special interest is insulin and incretin therapy, complex therapeutic regimes, osteoporosis, pituitary and associated glands activity (thyroid, adrenal gland and sex gland).
- Born in Zagreb in 1973
- Graduated from the University of Zagreb School of Medicine in 1999 as one of 10% of best students
- Completed a internship in the Public Health Institute of the City of Zagreb
- Completed military service and officer education at the Croatian Military School and became a reserve First Lieutenant in Croatian Army
- During 2001 and 2002 worked in the University Clinic Vuk Vrhovac
- In 2003 completed a training “Modern diabetology” in the University Clinic Vuk Vrhovac
- Specialized in internal medicine in the General Hospital Bjelovar in 2007
- Completed a postgraduate training “Ultrasound of neck organs” in 2012 on the Institute for Nuclear Medicine in the University Hospital Centre Zagreb
- Subspecialized in Endocrinology with Diabetology in 2015
I have participated in several clinical studies. I have published a dozen of professional articles in magazines and publications, as well as on web portals on diabetes, endocrinology and metabolic disorders. Furthermore, I am author of many lectures and reports on international conventions and training.
I am a member of the Croatian Association for Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders (member of the Management Board as well), Croatian Society of Endocrinology, Croatian Society of Clinical Endocrinologists and Diabetologists, EASD (European Association for the Study of Diabetes), ESE (European Society of Endocrinology), Croatian Medical Association.
Dr. Deškin is a subspecialist of endocrinology with diabetology. Endocrinological examination by a subspecialist includes diagnostics and treatment of disorders and diseases of endocrinological system: pancreas, pituitary gland, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal gland and sex glands.read more
Dr. Deškin has fifteen years of experience in the field of internal medicine. The internist examination includes taking of medical history, both individual and family, and physical internist examination. Diagnostics and treatment of internist heart, kidneys, lungs diseases, increased blood pressure and pre-surgery internist examinations.read more