Ante Škarospecialist in otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery of thyroid
- Skin growths surgery
- University of Zagreb School of Medicine
Dr. Škaro has twenty years of medical experience. He specialized in otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery. The thyroid diagnosis and treatment is his field of special interest.
Since 2008, he has worked as the director of the first privately owned centre for thyroid disorders in which he is active even today. In his practice, he gladly includes different medical and non-medical experts in order to provide an integral support to the patients.
By following the trends in surgery, he introduced a new surgical instrument – ultracision-harmonic scalpel which enables the minimally invasive thyroid operations. In that way, less tissue destruction, faster postoperational recovery and smaller postoperational scar is achieved.
- Born in Split in 1969
- Graduated from the University of Zagreb School of Medicine in 1995 and became a Medical Doctor
- Completed a internship at the University Hospital for Tumors in Zagreb
- Graduated as doctor from the Officer Scool in Zagreb in 1997
- Began a specialization in otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery at the University Tumors Hospital in Zagreb in 1998
- Passed a specialist exam in the University Hospital Centre Sestre Milosrdnice in Zagreb in 2002
- Completed a “Neck and Thyroid Ultrasound” course at the University of Zagreb School of Medicine and University Hospital Centre Zagreb in 2002
- Completed a “Course of Endoscopic Endocrine Surgery”, University of Pisa, Italy in 2004
- From 1995 to 2008 worked as a surgeon in Head and Neck Tumor Surgery Department in University Hospital for Tumors in Zagreb
I have participated in a number of national and international conventions and have been an author and co-author of a number of scientific and professional papers and articles.
The fields of special interest are: thyroid diagnosis and treatment, minimally invasive thyroid surgery, skin growths surgery and oncosurgery.
I am a member of the Croatian Medical Association, Croatian Society for Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Croatian Society of Oncology and European Society of Endocrinology.
I am a founder and director of Leptir Group, a privately owned specialized centre for thyroid disorders in Croatia established in May 2008.